OBASANJO GOES BACK TO SCHOOL AGAIN, ENROL IN OPEN UNIVERSITY FOR PHD.


OBASANJO GOES BACK TO SCHOOL AGAIN, ENROL IN OPEN UNIVERSITY FOR PHD.

MR. RIGHTS has learnt that, Nigeria’s former president,Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo is set to go back to school for his Post Graduate Higher Degree (Phd) in Christian Theology at the National Open University of Nigeria.

This was reported by an online newspaper, Premium times.
According report by the newspaper, Mr. Obasanjo who formerly graduated from the open university in 2009 will on Tuesday, enrol as a graduate student at the headquaters of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) in lagos.

Mr. Obasanjo, who having obtained a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in 2009 is set to work towards a doctorate degree, beginning with a masters degree, an associate of the former president told premium times.
When contacted on Monday night, Mr. Obasanjo confirmed  he his now going back to school. He said it was important for him to make some commitments towards achieving his aspiration in life.
In his words, ‘’ I am going back to school because I have to have something to aspire to in every endevour of life’’ ‘’I  always aspire to something new in my farm, I do that in my international activities. I do it in my improvement of my academic work which helps to sharpen my brain and strengthen my faith’’.
When asked how he was going to cope combining his studies with his international engagements,  Obasanjo said he would take advantage of the flexibility of the National Open university of Nigeria’s system.
Obasanjo noted that, ‘’fortunately, the Open University  is flexible enough and I will definitely be able to cope. When I did the Post Graduate diploma (PGD), I was also busy during the period,’’ he said.
The National Open university of Nigeria was initially established in 1983, but was suspended by the then military government in 1984. Mr. Obasanjo resuscitated it in 2001.
In November 2006, a few months to the end of his eight years tenure as president, Obasanjo enrolled for a Post Graduate Diploma in Christian Theology at the university. He graduated in 2009.
Now, he his set to retun to school after 5 years of graduation..END

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

If i speak, Nigeria will boil says ANN Chairman, as he frowns on party hijackers and godfathers

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?

Fact emerge, President Jonathan falsified his age