There is nobody called big man



I have never seen your picture with any big man before, even though i know you have met many, a friend ask.

There is nobody called big man, i responded.

He looked at me some how with some level of consternation, probably not sure what i meant by that statement. So i added, big man only exist in our imagination, as programmed in our psychology by those who wants us to feel that way. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Everyone of us, rich, poor, educated, not educated, civilized, not civilized, urban or rural. We are all the same, born equal in rights and dignity, only with slight differences in world outlook, environment and available opportunities.

My friend knew where i was going, but he doesn't want to go there with me, so he re-framed his question and said. If that is how you see it, why have i not seen any of your pictures with people with slightly better position of influence in the society.

This time, i was not sure the answer he was expecting to hear. So i said, i don't really fancy taking pictures, especially with those kind of people that are referred to as celebrities or public figures and even if i do, i don't often keep a copy of such pictures, not to talk of showing it off.

My friend didn't stop. He wanted to get to the root of a puzzle. So he asked again. I know you have been leading many protest against government irresponsibility in this country, but i have never seen a picture of you at a protest ground. Why is that? I don't fancy pictures at such events i responded.

I do not lead protest to take pictures and be showing it off as achievements, i lead protest to cause change. If our protests are yielding result, those are my pictures.

Don't get it wrong, it is not as if i don't take pictures at protest grounds, i just do not do that deliberately to show off, neither do i keep such pictures so passionately. I prefer taking pictures with my comrades in our private affairs.

My friend knew that would be my response, so he offered an advise. Don't be anti social.

Do you agree that my attitude is being anti-social?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo

If i speak, Nigeria will boil says ANN Chairman, as he frowns on party hijackers and godfathers

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?