Letter to Nigerian Youths By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat



Dear Youths,

How una dey? Don’t tell me you are fine, cos I know you are not. As a typical Nigerian, we all know how the thing be.

My brother, country hard, especially for youths. Abi I lie?

As I woke up this morning and coming unto the social space, all I see across the various platforms are young people, expressing themselves with great zeal and commitment in-spite the various challenges they go through on a daily basis.

Hail naija youths, we are the only reason we smile. Check our records; we are better than our leaders. Don’t think am exaggerating, I will show you some evidence.

Nigerian youths manage the entertainment sector with zero capital. From nothing, we made the secor something to global recognition, bringing in huge income to the nation’s treasury.

But watin our leaders do? They manage the political sector, with trillion of naira as capital. Any result? Recession.

They manage the oil sector and what do we have? Looting

They also manage our education sector and any better result? They produce half baked graduates.

The only thing working in Nigeria today is the youth.

My brothers and sisters, don't be a tool in the hand of the devil, because without you, the devil is liar. Yes, without youth, the devil is useless.

Irrespective of areas of our interest, sport, entertainment, business, politics, education or others, your most important possession is seen in every of your delivery.

The most undeniable possession of a youth is power, strength, passion and efficiency. In anything the youths do, these great qualities are evidently present, to an extent that even your greatest enemies recognize the strength you possess.

I wish this important possession can be better channeled.

For example, take a look at youths promoting one politician or the other. They do it like their lives depended on it. They wake up every morning to promote and defend one politician or the other with great enthusiasm.

While I must confess, that I like your zeal. No doubt, I like your passion. Most importantly, I also like your commitment. Nobody dare dislike such great assets. But here is what I would have loved more. YOU.

I love you more than your possessions.

I would have been greatly happy, if you could show more interest in yourself, than those politicians you promote and defend. I would have been really more excited, if you can promote your business, ideas, talent and skills more passionately.

Here is a secret. If you spend half of the time you use in promoting one politician on promoting yourself, your prospect would have been far better, sure, far brighter.

As you waka commot this morning, start making yourself a priority. You can be better than those you look up to. You can be greater than those you see as great.

Yours homeboy
Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?

Kwara worker commit suicide over unpaid salaries