What is wrong with Nigerian police?

What Is Wrong With Our Police? Two days ago, on my way home from work around 9pm, I was stopped by some police men for carrying a laptop. The mistake I made was I did not have the receipt and my ID on me. They put me in a danfo bus and headed to their station. On the way they picked up anybody they saw that had a bag on them. There was even a guy that had a laptop with him with his ID card and receipt that they picked "cause he was walking around with a laptop alone". They seized all our phones till we got to the police station. When we got to the police station they separated those of us that had laptops from those that didn't. All of us with laptops were branded yahoo boys. They told us to turn on our systems so they can analyse what was on the system. When I switched on my own they saw visual studio with codes and sql server open (I am a developer) and they concluded that that was the software that I use in scamming my clients. After punching and slapping me for not telling them the truth of how I do my operation (they opened my yahoomail account and saw nothing that suggested that I was a yahoo guy), they packed my bag with my laptop and locked me in a cell(there were about 20 guys in the cell). They allowed me to make some calls before they locked me up. My folks later came to bail me out around 2 in the morning and can you imagine that after collecting money for bail they asked for money from me to collect my belongings that was with them (They said I had to pay for the fuel money) I got home and I was thinking a. Are we saying that someone with a laptop cannot work around with it, even if the person has a receipt and an ID card? b. How many people have they kept in the cell without any just reason or just cause "they were walking alone"? c. Is there no agency that punishes law enforcers for abusing their power? d. What training do the officers go through for them to separate a developer, photo editor, graphics designer from a yahoo guy? e. How do we want to develop ourselves in the field of ICT when everybody that carries a laptop is called a yahoo guy? Source: nairaland

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

If i speak, Nigeria will boil says ANN Chairman, as he frowns on party hijackers and godfathers

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?

Fact emerge, President Jonathan falsified his age