Oba Of Benin's Challenge To Islam and Christianity




Oba of Benin Kingdom, Oba Akenzua N'Iso n'orro II, who reigned between 1933 – 1978 after the death of Eweka II, threw a challenge to the so called religious people of the world, particularly Christianity and Islam.
The Oba challenged them to give him one reason, why he should abandon the Benin religion in favor of any other religion.

He said:
"I would rather serve my God in the Benin way;I would rather worship him in the Benin manner; I will sing songs of praise to him in the Benin custom;Unless it can be proven to me that he does not understand the Benin language"

No person has been able to respond to this challenge 40 years after the Oba died.

I am now throwing back this challenge to each and everyone of us so as to engage in a real intellectual debate over our faith and religion.

Can you please challenge the notion that, "I would rather serve my God in the Benin way;I would rather worship him in the Benin manner; I will sing songs of praise to him in the Benin custom;Unless it can be proven to me that he does not understand the Benin language".

Over to you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo

If i speak, Nigeria will boil says ANN Chairman, as he frowns on party hijackers and godfathers

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?