Truth makes me brave

Even though I often deal with scary and painful topics, realities that people get in trouble for talking about, somehow I also feel quite safe. I remember when, years ago, I realized deeply why I should.

It seemed to me that "they" couldn't catch me if they couldn't find me, and that they couldn't find me if they couldn't see me, and that they couldn't see me without being enlightened, and that they couldn't be enlightened without being in touch with Creator, Love, and that if they were in touch with Love, then they could no longer want to hurt me.

By the time they had eyes to see me, their hearts would be well again.

I knew there was no door to the Most High that one could enter from a path which includes hurtfulness towards others. Only infinite diversions back to reckoning with your hurtful self in those realms...

It's true that by the time they can really see me, they will no longer want to hurt me. And so I told myself I would be safe, and I believed it, and it was much needed medicine.

The truth made me braver.

The truth made me more compassionate.

The truth gave me my ways.

Hidden in plain sight, I'm usually just waiting on hurt hearts to Hear the messages that will bring them Home.

And until then, I am safe.

By Sarah McGovern

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 facts about O TO GE slogan and the collapse of Saraki's dynasty

Why violence took place in Saraki's Community- Head of Community

If i speak, Nigeria will boil says ANN Chairman, as he frowns on party hijackers and godfathers

Breaking:ANN Expel traitors , ratify Alliance with people's trust

Lagos before Nigeria By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

Igbo is not good to be president of Nigeria?

Fact emerge, President Jonathan falsified his age